The mission of the Lyndhurst Township Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is to maintain a high level of preparedness, to protect the citizens of the Township of Lyndhurst; to mitigate loss of life and vital assets prior to, during, and immediate aftermath of a disaster; and to facilitate the speedy recovery of the township.
The Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is responsible for coordinating all emergency service agencies within the township (Police, Fire, EMS, & Police Auxiliary) along with Public Works, School Officials, and Health Officials. These services work under a unified incident command along with various outside resource agencies during all emergencies and disasters, and the preparedness for any major emergency or disaster affecting the township of Lyndhurst. More specifically, the OEM is responsible for:
- Developing, revising and exercising Lyndhurst’s emergency operations plan.
- Managing the township’s emergency operations center (EOC) to provide a coordinated response to disasters and other emergencies.
- Planning, conducting and coordinating disaster preparedness exercises for the township personnel.
- Developing and maintaining mutual aid agreements with other agencies.
- Coordinating the township’s homeland security efforts with other public safety departments.
- Maintaining the township’s Public Advisory radio station 1700 AM. for emergency advisories and information and broadcasts.
- Maintaining the township’s Emergency Management Mobile App, and Social Media outlets to provide timely, accurate, and efficent information to the community.
Officers from the Lyndhurst Police Department serve as Emergency Management Coordinators and members of the Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC).